- Arrhythmogenic Remodeling in Human Heart Failure
- Low Energy Defibrillation
- Exploration of Arrhythmogenic Triggers and Substrates in Heart Failure
- Near-Infrared Optogenetic Control of the Human Heart
Igor Efimov is the Alisann and Terry Collins Professor of Biomedical Engineering. The endowed professorship was established in 2015 through a $1 million donation by Trustee Terry Collins, D.Sc. ’76, and his wife, Alisann. For more information, please visit the below articles.
- GW Today: Trustee Donates $2.5 Million to SEAS
- GW Today: Igor Efimov Installed in Collins Professorship
- Efimov Lab News: Igor Efimov Installed in Collins Professorship
Professor Efimov has been appointed the North American Coordinator of RHYTHM, part of Fondation Leducq's Transatlantic Networks of Excellence Program. The network, comprised of leading experts in the U.S. and Europe, will study mechanisms of sudden cardiac death to generate new clinical tools for characterizing abnormal repolarization, and to provide novel high-resolution imaging tools and risk stratification parameters for personalized preventive therapy.